The ABS is a microprocessor-controlled Ball-on-Cylinder wear test system which provides a fast, repeatable assessment of the performance of jet fuels. It fully conforms to the ASTM D5001 test method for “Measurement of Lubricity of Aviation Turbine Fuels by the Ball-on-Cylinder Lubricity Evaluator”.
The ABS comprises a single, compact, bench top mounted unit. The only external services required are compressed air to the specification in ASTM D5001 and 100-230V mains power. The internal de-ionised water reservoir requires refilling after approximately 1,000 tests. An air cleaner/dryer is available which can clean and de-humidify normal laboratory or shop air to meet the requirements of the ASTM standard (<0.1 ppm hydrocarbon).
Features and Benefits
- The PCS Automated BOCLE System (ABS) is included in the D5001 ASTM specification
- Simple to use interface -microprocessor control of all instrument functions
- Standard ASTM D5001 test sequence pre-loaded into ABS microprocessor controller – operator fits cleaned specimens, adds fuel sample and presses the ‘Start Test’ button
- Automatic control of test sequence – no operator-induced variability in test results
- Automatic flow controllers for moist and dry air – no operator input required to control the humidity and flow rate of the conditioned air
- Optional PC-based data logging software – allows test data to be recorded as a permanent record (available for both D5001 and D6078)
- Interchangeable humidity and temperature probes – humidity and temperature measurement does not need to be re-calibrated – Simply exchange the combined relative humidity and temperature probe for a precalibrated unit
- PCS manufactures the ABS test rings – single source supplier of test rings and specimens leads to higher quality control