The Tamson AKV EASY determines automated kinematic viscosity which complies with test methods ASTM D445, IP 71 and ISO 3104 using an Ubbelohde viscometer. The viscosity of Newtonian fluids can be most precisely determined using glass capillary viscometers. The upgrade kit can be used together with Tamson viscosity baths (TV4000MKII, TV4000DC, TV2000MKII and OEM baths) that are currently used in the field, or bought as a new bath, for manual viscosity determinations. With the upgrade kit, the user can upgrade from manual determinations to automated kinematic viscosity.
The modular AKV EASY is a measuring system that includes everything you need to make precise and reproducible measurements. For the upgrade, the measuring head, AKV EASY, a new cover, AKV E/A Ubbelohde viscometers and a tower (consisting of a frame, tubing, printer, fluid trap, power supply and spill tray) are needed. The AKV EASY is operated by a user-friendly touch screen.
The TV2000MKII can be equipped with a single channel AKV EASY system, while the TV4000MKII, TV4000DC and OEM baths can be equipped with either a single or a dual channel AKV EASY system, depending on the wishes of the customer. Dual channel version allows the performance of simultaneous measurements. A single channel version with a semi-automated cleaning module will become available by the end of 2020. With the rinsing module, the system will rinse the viscometer with the manually inserted cleaning solvent. Without the rinsing module, the filling and cleaning of the viscometers must be done manually. Infrared light barriers in the measuring head determine the flow time for a sample to pass two marks on a calibrated glass capillary viscometer. The AKV EASY calculates the kinematic viscosity based on the constant of the viscometer and the measured flow time. The AKV EASY is capable of measuring the kinematic viscosity of oils and other Newtonian liquids that are suitable for Ubbelohde viscometers with a range from 0.3 up to 10,000 mm2/s (cSt).
Features and Benefits
- Meets ASTM, IP, ISO and DIN standards related to kinematic viscosity
- Suitable for Newtonian fluids like lubricants, fuels and polymer solutions
- Easy viscometer exchange
- Chemically resistant to an extended range of fluids and solvents
- Extremely accurate temperature control using well-known Tamson TV4000MKII
- Very precise flow-time measurement independent of fluid type
- Up to 12 mL sample volume (Ubbelohde)
- Budget sensitive way of determining viscosity automated
- User-configurable reports are saved and can be viewed and printed at any time
- Modular bath for easy maintenance access
- Subjective measurement errors by operators are eliminated
- Manual determinations can also be performed with TV4000AKV EASY
- Up to 99 runs can be done sequentially without interference from the user, allowing to test viscosity changes over time
- Up to eight test configurations can be predefined and saved