The Tamson High Temperature foaming bath can be used to test the foaming characteristics of lubrication oils conform ASTM D6082.
The apparatus comes with one bath at 150°C. The bath is equipped with two cooling coils and the bath has four openings for foaming cylinders. Also, the bath is equipped with a drain, and a seperate opening to fill the bath fluid when a foaming cylinder is removed. The stirrer in the bath has a long shaft to ensure an excellent temperature uniformity in the bath. The setup is supplied with a rack that can be used to hold up to four foaming cylinders. The setup is supplied with two flowmeters, these flowmeters are calibrated at 200 mL/min. Also, the stoppers and optional dryer can be mounted on this rack. The stoppers are made of Delrin, to prevent cracking of the stopper over time. The apparatus is standard delivered with one bath, one rack with two flow meters, two foaming cylinders, two stoppers and tubing. The bath conforms to CE regulation. It is further equipped with a mechanical resettable safety thermostat and a float, to warn the user when the level of the bath fluid has become too low.
Features and Benefits
- Up to four positions per bath
- Drain valve to empty bath content
- Stirrer with long shaft for optimal temperature uniformity
- Delrin stoppers to prevent cracking of the stoppers over time
- Seperate opening to add bath fluid
- Metal case with removable windows for save operation
- Each bath is equipped with two cooling coils
- Rack with clamps to overcome buoyance of the foam cylinders
- Extreme temperature stability