With over 2000 systems worldwide, the PCS HFRR is the industry leading instrument for analysing diesel fuel lubricity. PCS are the original manufacturers of the HFRR instrument, which has been used in the development of all the current related test methods. With over 30 years of development experience and continual design, quality, and user experience improvements, we remain at the forefront of the market.
PCS Instruments is the only instrument supplier specified on the following test methods: ISO 12156, ASTM D6079, ASTM D7688.
Our latest version of the HFRR allows for fully automated testing. A wide range of accessories are available, including the humidity cabinet and temperature control unit (TCU). These enable labs, operating even in harsh conditions, to meet the requirements of the standard diesel fuel lubricity test methods.
The instrument’s ability to collect continuous friction measurements, the wide range of specimen materials available, and the ability to customise test parameters also make the HFRR a popular choice for tribology research.
Features and Benefits
- Preloaded with standard diesel fuel lubricity test procedures CEC/ASTM/ISO
- Wear scar assessment with the standard specimens requires only one measurement
- Only a small volume of lubricant is required – tests can be carried out on field collected or experimental fluids; film formation by boundary additives can be observed by electrical contact potential (ECR) changes
- Fast, repeatable friction and wear measurement
- Independently proven repeatability and reproducibility
- Fully automated, microprocessor controlled test sequence
- Easy to calibrate
- Small, compact bench top system
- Available with mini-printer option or full computer controlled software
- Optional automatic recording of humidity and air temperature at start and finish of test using built in digital humidity probe
- Calculates WS1.4 where necessary