The King BLB measures low-temperature viscosity of ATF’s, gear oils and hydraulic oils, and other fluid lubricants using a patented SimAir® technique that allows the use of a small, less costly, constant temperature liquid bath. The only technique available that permits independent sample analyses eliminates the need for batch sample testing.
The BLB is a widely used low-temperature test for a variety of industry specifications.
- ASTM D2983
- IP 267
- DIN 51398
- BLB 701
- BLB 702
- SimAir® | DIN Liquid Bath
Features and Benefits
- Unique Tannas SimAir® Test Cells provide proper sample temperature control for accurate, precise results and permits each test cell to operate independently, increasing productivity.
- Features a 12-position carousel with 12 independent sample cells
- BLB models: Capable of measuring a broad temperature range of +30°C to –70°C (BLB702) and +30°C to –40°C (BLB 701).
- SimAir®/DIN model: Capable of measuring a broad temperature range of +30°C to –55°C.
- Fully self-contained internal hermetic refrigeration system – no external refrigeration units or controllers needed.
- Digital temperature controller keeps bath temperature within +/- 0.1°C.
- Small benchtop footprint with large illuminated viewing window.
- Includes top mount for viscometer (viscometer available separately).
- The internal air system provides a continuous blanket of dry air over samples to eliminate moisture buildup.
- Safety features include a high-pressure cutout, high-temperature limits, and low-level shutdown.
- CE Mark