The PAC MicroDist online analyzer is designed to quickly and accurately determine the boiling range characteristics of various commercially available petroleum products, light and middle distillates, on process streams.
The easy-to-use MicroDist performs a complete distillation of the sample in less than 10 minutes. The results obtained correlate to the ASTM D86, ASTM D7345, ISO 3405 test methods and their analogs. Due to the fast and reliable measurements that match those obtained by quality control laboratories, the MicroDist enables precise and continuous adjustment of the process streams. An optional density meter allows for continuous analysis of Cetane Index.
ASTM D7345, used in MicroDist, is an approved method for D4814, D975, D1655 and D7566 fuel specifications.
ASTM D86, ASTM D7345, ISO 3405, D4814, D975, D1655, D7566
Features and Benefits
Excellent System Performance
- Direct correlation with standard ASTM D86 with equivalent or better precision and excellent repeatability (+/- 1.5C).
- Availability factor > 98%
- Built-in nitrogen generator (optional) facilitates operation with only instrument air
Innovative Technology for High Availability
- Real distillation eliminates the need for models or simulated distillation
- Perfect result on first analysis, even for unknown samples
- Fully automated regeneration of flask minimizes maintenance required
Robust and Reliable Process Control
- Fully automated Initial Heat, Distillation Rate and Final Heat Regulation
- Under 10 minute cycle time with the smallest sample volume
- Robust results for petroleum products including jet fuel, diesel, gasoline, and naphtha (Group 1-4 fuel types)
- Maximize production by reducing product downgrade due to poor cut point optimization
- Prevent product giveaway by measuring online real distillation curve on your final product
- Optimize product blends to improve quality with a fast analytical technique