OxyTracer – Traces Oxygenates in Light Hydrocarbon Streams.
AC Analytical Controls developed a series of Oxytracer Solutions to determines trace impurities of oxygenates in light petroleum streams such as C2 and C3 gases, LPG, Naphtha and Gasolines, in accordance with different methods.
The system reports impurity data for various oxygenates in streams with a final boiling point up to 250C (480F); the following components can be determined (depending on method):
- Alcohols: Methanol, Ethanol , n-Propanol, i-Propanol, n-Butanol, 2-Butanol, i-Butanol, t-Butanol, Allyl Alcohol
- Ethers, MTBE, ETBE , TAME, DIPE, Dimethyl Ether, Diethyl Ether, Propyl Ether
- Ketones: Acetone, MEK
- Aldehydes: Acetaldehyde, Propion Aldehyde, Isobutyl Aldehyde, Butylaldehyde, Isovaleraldehyde, Valeraldehyde
ASTM D7754, ASTM D7423
Features and Benefits
- Fast analysis of oxygenates traces in 25-30 minutes
- The incorporated Deans principle provides excellent separation of oxygenate traces at sub-ppm level from bulk matrix.
- Analyzers can be (optionally) fitted with second FID, various Gas – and Liquid Sampling valves with backpressure regulator ensure sample integrity is respected and data is accurate.
- Lower detection level of 0.1 ppm (method dependent), Linear response from 0.1 up to 2000 ppm assures performance (method dependent)
- Complies to standards ASTM D7754, ASTM D7423 and adds AC Oxytracer and Methanol in E85 methods