The TC16 ASTM D70 bath is an ideal bath to determine the density, specific gravity, and relative density of semi-solid asphalt binder, asphalt cements and soft tar pitches by use of a pycnometer. It is suitable for tests conform ASTM D70, IP 190 and ISO 3838. The bath is equipped with convenient brackets and a ridgde to ensure that the pycnometers stay in place during the test. The wetted parts in the TC16 are made from stainless steel.
The TC16 is used for precise temperature control and offers high reliability for use under rough circumstances. The insulation of the bath and electronic design result in a stable working temperature of ± 0.02°C. The set point temperature can be set in steps of 0.1°C in the range of 0°C up to 250°C (32°F..482°F). The accuracy on the display is displayed in 0.1°C. However the controller has an internal accuracy of 0.01°C. This two decimal-readout also is available from the optional RS232 and the free Tamcom software. The bath is equipped with a cooling coil for counter-cooling. This cooling coil can be connected to a TLC15-5 circulator when working at +15°C or +25°C. The bath conforms to CE regulation. It is further equipped with a mechanical resettable safety thermostat and a drain to empty the bath.
Features and Benefits
- Maximum nine positions for Hubbard or Gay-Lussac pycnometers
- Stainless steel brackets to ensure the pycnometer is steady in the bath
- Suitable for internal and external applications
- Stainless steel, robust bath
- Easy to read display
- Very quiet
- Easy switching between internal and external circulation
- Insulated bath provides extreme temperature stability
- Integrated cooling coil for counter-cooling
- Bath drain