The TEOST 33C test simulates the effect of engine operating conditions on the oxidation and deposit-forming tendencies of engine oils, especially in the high-temperature Turbocharger area. The TEOST MHT® test simulates similar effects and conditions found in the ring belt and piston ring areas of the engine.
Oil samples treated with catalysts are pumped over a heated 33C Depositor Rod or a coiled MHT Depositor Rod on which deposits form. The weight of the Depositor Rod after the test is subtracted from its pre-test weight and added to the particulate weight collected by filtering the oil remaining. The results are reported in milligrams.
- ASTM D6335 | Dual/33C Model
- ASTM D7097 | MHT Model (Moderately High Temperature)
- TEOST Dual
- TEOST® 33C
- TEOST MHT®
Features and Benefits
- Adjustable temperature zones and pump speeds.
- Clear Glass Mantle for easy viewing of depositor area during the test.
- Ability to collect the volatilized material for further analysis and investigation.