The Tamson TV4000AKV EASY determines kinematic viscosity automated which complies with test methods ASTM D445, IP 71 and ISO 3104 using an Ubbelohde viscometer. The viscosity of Newtonian fluids can be most precisely determined using glass capillary viscometers.
The modular TV4000AKV EASY is a measuring system that includes anything you need to take precise and reproducible measurements. The apparatus consists of a TV4000MKII viscosity bath, the measuring head, the AKV EASY and a tower (consisting of a frame, tubing, printer, fluid trap, power supply and spill tray). The TV4000AKV EASY is supplied with a single automated measuring channel. Filling and cleaning of the viscometer has to be done manually. The AKV EASY is operated by a user-friendly touch screen. Infrared light barriers in the measuring head measure the flow time for a sample to pass two marks on a calibrated glass capillary viscometer. The viscometer is kept at a very precise (±0.01°C) temperature in the Tamson TV4000MKII.
The AKV EASY calculates the kinematic viscosity based on the constant of the viscometer and the measured flow time. The AKV EASY is capable to measure the kinematic viscosity of oils and other Newtonian liquids that are suitable for Ubbelohde viscometers with a range from 0.3 up to 10,000 mm2/s (cSt). Eight different viscometers can be programmed in the system. Changing the viscometer is a very easy task taking less than a minute. Up to 254 results are saved in the database and can be printed at any time. Each result consists of up to 99 runs. These runs can be done sequentially without interference from the user. The maximum time between two sequential runs is four hours. This allows the customer to test how the viscosity changes over time. The system determines the best repeatability from the measuring runs. The kinematic viscosity result is calculated in two decimals. Furthermore, the AKV EASY supports calculation of the dynamic, relative and intrinsic viscosity.
Features and Benefits
- Meets ASTM, IP, ISO and DIN standards related to kinematic viscosity
- Suitable for Newtonian fluids like lubricants, fuels and polymer solutions
- Easy viscometer exchange
- Chemically resistant to an extended range of fluids and solvents
- Extremely accurate temperature control using well-known Tamson TV4000MKII
- Very precise flow-time measurement independent of fluid type
- Up to 12 mL sample volume (Ubbelohde)
- Budget sensitive way of determining viscosity automated
- User-configurable reports are saved and can be viewed and printed at any time
- Modular bath for easy maintenance access
- Subjective measurement errors by operators are eliminated
- Manual determinations can also be performed with TV4000AKV EASY
- Up to 99 runs can be done sequentially without interference from the user, allowing to test viscosity changes over time
- Up to eight test configurations can be predefined and saved