The Tamson ASTM D1384 bath is a bath with all the accessories to perform tests according to ASTM D1384, which is a corrosion test for engine coolants in glassware. The apparatus consists of a robust six position TC40 circulator bath and it is standard delivered with six sets of glassware (1000 mL container and condenser). The cover of the bath has six openings, each with a lid and stand-rods with clamps to hold the glassware in the same position. The Tamson bath/circulator TC40 has a bath volume of 40L. Temperature can be set from ambient up to 250 °C. Temperature stability is better than +/- 0.02°C. Bath opening 420 x 275 mm. All wetted parts in the bath are made from stainless steel.
The robust TC40 has a mainenance free pump and is designed to work at high temperatures. The bath conforms to CE regulation. It is further equipped with a mechanical resettable safety thermostat and a level protection device to make sure that the level of the bath fluid is not too low.
Features and Benefits
- Complete apparatus for ASTM D1384 tests
- All accessories can be supplied by Tamson
- Robust bath
- All wetted parts are made from stainless steel
- Bath drain
- Bath is equipped with cooling coil for counter-cooling
- Six positions
- Six flowmeters included
- Very robust glassware with clamp to ensure proper sealing
- Level protection device
- No rubber stopper is needed, as rubber stoppers can crack over time