Alcor’s MCRT-160 provides safe measurements of petroleum products with a tendency to thermally degrade and form coke under high temperature pyrolyzing conditions.
Its powerful digital control over all ASTM D4530 test steps delivers results equivalent to Conradson Carbon (ASTM D189) with significantly less inconvenience or fuss. A typical D189 carbon residue analysis can easily take 90 minutes or more of a skilled operators time.
With the MCRT-160, the operator only has to weigh the initial and final samples and start the test, which allows the lab personnel to perform other tasks during the testing cycle. The MCRT-160 automatically executes the factory programmed ASTM D4530 test program. Plus, for added convenience and versatility, it can even be programmed to automate your own specialized time-temperature test profiles.
ASTM D189, ASTM D4530, DIN 51551, IP 398, ISO 10370, ISO 6615, JIS K227
Features and Benefits
- Processes up to 12 samples simultaneously
- User-progammable oven time-temperature sequences for custom test procedures
- Automatic , constant flow control
- Routine analysis for carbon residue from less than 0.1% to over 30%
- Overnight test mode
- Sealed oven and directed exhaust provide clean, fume free analysis
- Sample sizes from 0.1 to 2 grams
- Continually monitors temperature and nitrogen pressure
- Alerts technician when parameters exceed operation
- One Button test initiation