The two most recognized applications of the SBT®+2 are the SBT test (ASTM D5133 & D7110) and the Low-Temperature Viscosity Test (ASTM D2983). The use of the patented SimAir® Test Cell allows the SBT®+2 to be held at a constant temperature during the 16-hour soak period of the D2983 test. This provides greater versatility, increased sample throughput, and improved precision over air baths and programmable liquid baths.
The versatility of the SBT®+2 bath stems from its broad cooling range, both manual and automatic temperature control, the incorporation of a viewing window, and five easily replaceable bath covers (Insert Modules). The bath now serves as a cooling source for seven different low-temperature test methods — making it a cost-effective instrument for demanding lab schedules.
- ASTM D5133 & D7110 | Viscosity-Temperature Scanning Technique
- ASTM D2983 | Low-Temperature Viscosity Test
- ASTM D4684 | MRV-TP1
- ASTM D445 | Kinematic Viscosity
- ASTM D97 | Pour Point
- ASTM D2500 | Cloud Point
- ASTM D2386 | Freeze Point
- Chinese GB-11145
- Chinese SH/T0732
Features and Benefits
- Versatile liquid bath for analyzing lubricants and fluids meeting numerous low-temperature test methods.
- Easily replaceable Insert Module for each test.
- Programmable & Manual bath temperature controls.
- Self-contained refrigeration system capable of cooling to -70°C.
- Generates the Gelation Index & Gelation Index Temperature according to ASTM D5133 and D7110 methods.
- Designed for use with patented SimAir® Test Cells for Low-Temperature Viscosity D2983 testing.
- Ideal for low-temperature work with fresh, sooted, or highly oxidized oils, ATFs, and fuels.