High foaming tendency and slow foam collapse time are two undesirable responses of engine oils and hydraulic fluids which can result in mechanical failure. TFAB measures the tendency and stability of foam additive effectiveness in oils and lubricants over a wide temperature range (24°C to 150°C).
The single air bath approach of the TFAB® dramatically reduces bench space requirements, eliminates the need to replace oxidized (discolored) bath oil, permits more accuracy in reading foam levels, and significantly reduces the hazards of operating sequences of higher temperatures. The TFAB® has shown correlation in ASTM round-robin studies and has assisted in ASTM efforts of improving the test method precision.
- ASTM D892 | Sequence I, II, III
- ASTM D1881
- ASTM D6082 | Sequence IV
- ASTM D7840
- IP 146
- Chinese GB/T12579
- Chinese SH/T0722
Features and Benefits
- The non-liquid system eliminates hazardous bath mediums from laboratory environments.
- New Direct Drive motor for quiet and maintenance-free operation.
- Thermal equivalence at all locations within bath – no temperature variations among samples.
- Removable six-position cylinder carousel; convenient side-mounted cylinder drying rack.
- New touchscreen controller and thermocouple placement for accurate control via sample temperature.
- Progressive timer with audible alarms for simplified determination of Collapse Time in D6082 test.
- Built-in cool ‘tap’ water circulation system aids cooling from higher temperature Sequences and maintains 24°C in warmer lab environments. Optional Chiller Bath available for labs without a cold tap water source nearby.